4 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
CEV I ask only one thing, LORD: Let me live in your house every day of my life to see how wonderful you are and to pray in your temple.
David’s Desire was not what WE seem to desire today!!
The expectations of God’s people has shifted!
God’s people seem to be more concerned with Formalities and Traditions than the Presence of God!
And this negative shift has oozed from in the church to outside in the world!!
- People are now turned off by the church: they are tired of seeing foolishness .
- Tired of manipulation
- Tired of lies
- Tired of traditions and no oil
- Tired of egos and backbiting
- Tired of snitching and backbitting , gossipping
- Tired of church being a social club; not a place of healing.
- Money, money, money……
How did we get this calloused and nonchalant⁉️
What has happened to us⁉️
David’s Desire (Man after God’s Own Heart)
- David had this LOVE for the House/Presence of God!
- 2 Samuel 6
2Sa 6:1 Again, David gathered together all the chosen men of Israel, thirty thousand.
2Sa 6:2 And David arose, and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence the ark of God, whose name is called by the name of the LORD of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.
He loved God’s Presence so much that when he became King his FIRST OBJECTIVE was to get the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem or the city of David!
- He even openly worshiped and made his WIFE uncomfortable when the Ark was on its way!
- Too many of us are more dignified sophisticated and educated and sit down on our Praise!!
- How many people have you made uncomfortable in your pursuit of God?? In the Pursuit of His Presence?
- that I may Dwell.…/// Home///–MY OBJECTIVE IS TO SEE GOD MOVE and LIVE where HE IS MOVING!
- TO = the benefits of being in God’s Presence
1.) Worship – to behold the beauty of the LORD
- David Loved worship—-/The original worship leader/
- worship psalms and music was not introduced to Israel until David became King.
- Worship is the open acceptance of God’s ways, movements, and Words; causing one to bow, submit, and reverence INTENTIONALLY!
2.) Communion – to enquire in His temple
in·quire/inˈkwīr/ verb: enquire 1.ask for information from someone.
-This is another reason why David was a man after God’s own heart: Fellowship and Communion.
- David wrote the Psalms, which is interpreted “prayers.”
- In God’s Presence we can have talks with Him! And He will talk back!!
-David always asked the LORD “shall I go up?” And GOD always answered!!!
2 Sam. 2:1 And it came to pass after this, that David enquired of the LORD, saying, Shall I go up into any of the cities of Judah? And the LORD said unto him, Go up. And David said, Whither shall I go up? And he said, Unto Hebron.
2 Sam. 5:19 And David enquired of the LORD, saying, Shall I go up to the Philistines? wilt thou deliver them into mine hand? And the LORD said unto David, Go up: for I will doubtless deliver the Philistines into thine hand.
1 Ch 14:10 And David enquired of God, saying, Shall I go up against the Philistines? and wilt thou deliver them into mine hand? And the LORD said unto him, Go up; for I will deliver them into thine hand.
David wrote prayers for ALL life’s circumstances he encountered:
- Repentance for messing up
- Protection from his enemies
- Vindication for being falsely accused
© Reformation Ministries. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission, from this blog’s author and/or owner, is strictly prohibited.