A lot of what we need from God we don’t receive is because of the lack of faith in the form of expectation.
“But Jesus looked on them and said to them, With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26, MKJV)
In context the Lord was challenging them.
Healthy expectation is really the root of faith.
Unhealthy expectation is also the root of doubt.
“If the expectation is not in the confidence of the being, then the expectation is in the negative outcome of the being.”
1st Example: Ordering online (Amazon)
⁃ If you are smart, you check what’s called the reviews: (What are the reviews?)
⁃ The reviews are the customer expressing how their expectations were/were not met!
2nd Example: A manager or supervisor on the job:
◦ He has a TITLE: and there are job EXPECTATIONS of that title!
——I wonder how many of us have small expectations of God because we dont truly KNOW who God is!
******Faith Cometh BY HEARING AND HEARING BY THE WORD OF GOD*********Romans 10:17
Foundational Teaching: Without the Word of God, your expectations of God can not be solidified, and placed properly.
◦ “Healthy faith comes from healthy hearing.”
◦ Without the word of God, we are susceptible to doubt, fear, anxiety…..all of these things are a by product of unhealthy hearing!
◦ What are you listening to? If you ears are being filled with junk, and dirt, you can’t expect your faith to be strong and healthy!
◦ WORD CHALLENGE: what’s the word? Who is HE? The word of God is filled with WITNESSES of WHO HE IS. IF you don’t know….you need to get into the WORD. Read Hebrews 11!!
——UNBELIEF comes from TAINTED expectations. Expectation is literally crafted by what we hear or what is “reported.”
Numbers 13:32 (KJV) And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, [is] a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it [are] men of a great stature.
Israel was promised a land and promised VICTORY by GOD, but the wrong report caused them to doubt their promise!
A promise births expectation, but the wrong hearing will taint our expectation and produce unbelief.